Monday, September 1, 2008

Testing the Lost And Found


In 1982 when we went to WDW, I was only 4. My parents took me and my two older cousins, Ray and Dave, who I looked up to immensely. Halfway through the vacation, Ray made a really nice gesture by surprising me with me a toy gun that he bought me in Frontierland. However, he made one mistake: He left his wallet on the counter in the General Store where he made the purchase. Now, this was no ordinary wallet. Ray had saved up all his newspaper money from the summer for this trip, and every penny that he had in this world was inside there. And it had a picture of a horse on the side. Ray was obviously shook up as we made our way to Guest Services. We walked in and asked if they've found a wallet with horses on it. "Is this it?" the cast member said, producing Ray's wallet exactly as he had last seen it. My Dad immediately tried to prepare him for the worst, telling him not to get his hopes up, that maybe there's nothing in it. Sure enough, every last cent was still inside the wallet. It doesn't sound like much, but a lot of these little occurrances add up to make a lot of great memories.

No comments: