Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I'm David, I'm Raymond, I'm Kurt"

Probably my family's most remembered Disney Trip is the one we took in 1982. I was 4, and my parents also took my two older cousins Raymond and David along for the trip. My cousins had never been to Disney, while I had been there a few times over my first few years. This was my chance to show my cousins around the parks, as they had never been there, and I was a grizzled veteran. They were my heroes - both older than me and so much fun. I'm sure more posts will be written about this trip in the future.

One particular memory of this trip (and one that I'll probably never live down) is this audio clip. While on Journey Into Imagination, my Dad turned to us kids and told us to say our names. He instructed us "say your names, say 'I'm David', 'I'm Raymond', 'I'm Kurt' ". What followed was one of the more idiotic things I've ever said: MP3 File. Hey, one mistake over my 31 years isn't bad :)

Yes, that's my cousin Dave cackling over my stupidity in the background.

No comments: